"If you have time for but one
  province in China, Yunnan should
  be it.
- Lonely Planet


Volunteer in Kunming, Yunnan,
a city with year-round Spring weather. Trips to 26 cultures &
5 nearby countries.

CALL US Mon - Fri
  9AM - 11PM China Time
  Kunming-China time is:


  +1 877 U ABROAD  


 +44(0)20 7193 3479


+852 8125 4854


+22 281 505532285


+82 70 7678 7629


+61 (02) 80060842

Option 1: Go to the Chinese Embassy
or Consulate in Person 

If you are serious about volunteering in China and are a foreign national, you will need a valid visa to gain entry into the country. The first option is to personally go to your nearest Chinese Consulate or Chinese Embassy, as you cannot scan a copy of your passport and mail it across to the officials, who will issue you a visa. You are required to physically go to the visa office, fill in an application form, submit it along with your passport and other relevant documents, and then collect your passport after a few days once the visa has been issued.

l         How to Apply

 1.       You must go to the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate-General (http://www.chinaembassy.org/eng/hzqz/t84229.htm) in the consular jurisdiction, where you live and submit your application

2.       Mailed applications are not acceptable and will be refused, though mail back service is available. Please follow the link and read the furnished instructions for Application Mail Service (http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/yisq/t169582.htm)

3.       No appointment is required.

4. If the visa application form is not filled out completely, correctly and legibly, this can cause a delay in processing or the denial of a visa.

l         Documents Needed

1.       Your valid and actual passport which must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity with at least one blank visa page in it

2.  One complete Visa Application Form (Q1) ( http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/hzqz/zgqz/Q1-1.pdf ) with one passport photo (black & white or color is acceptable)

3.       If you apply for a Work Visa, a visa notification issued by the authorized Chinese unit, and a Work Permit for Aliens issued by the Chinese Labor Ministry or Foreign Expert's License issued by the Chinese Foreign Expert Bureau are required

4.       An applicant born in China who applies for a Chinese visa with a new foreign passport is required to submit his/her Chinese passport or last foreign passport with a Chinese visa

5.       An invitation letter from Impact Abroad (we will send you such a letter upon your enrollment in the volunteer program of your choice) 

l         Visa Fee and Processing Time

1.       $50 for Americans, and $30 for citizens of other countries (Single Entry)

2.       The regular processing time is four working days. For express service, additional fees of $30 for one-work-day processing (applications presented before 11:30 am may be picked up between 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm on the same day), or $20 for two to three working days processing will be charged.

3.       Please pay by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's Cheque, Company Cheque or Cash. Personal checks are not acceptable. Please make the check or money order payable to the Chinese Embassy.



Impact Abroad provides International Volunteering & Community Service Opportunities
to people in the western world to help children in Yunnan, China

Home | Volunteer Abroad | Why Volunteer with Us | Overseas Volunteer Program | Sitemap
Apply to Volunteering Overseas
| International Volunteering Organization | Resources | Links